Bulgur wheat is traditionally used in Middle East, Mediterranean and North Africa. Linea Verde Oriental Bulgur wheat is a whole wheat grain that has been cracked and partially pre-cooked. As a whole grain, it is a naturally high-fiber. Linea Verde Oriental Bulgur contains minerals, vitamins B and K, phosphorus, iron, manganese and protein. Oriental Bulgur wheat is suitable for those on a gluten-free diet. Though bulgur wheat is most commonly found in tabbouleh salad, you can use it just like rice, couscous or pasta. The difference in preparing bulgur in contrast to pasta or rice is that bulgur doesn’t require cooking. Only boiling water is required.
Oriental Bulgur is the most healthiest Linea Verde product!
- Boil water, oil and salt in a casserole.
- Remove the casserole from the heat.
- Stir and add Oriental Bulgur.
- Cover the pan and let it sit for 8 min.
- Remove casserole from the heat for 2 min. Gently break apart and fluff the cooked bulgur with a fork before serving.
You can find our newest and delicious recipes in our blog, couscous recipes, tips and serving suggestions.
- Nutrition value/100g:
- Energy1440 kj / 342 kcal
- Protein11,5 g
- Carbohydrates68 g
- Fat1,5 g
- Fibre10 g
- One portion (62,5 g) contains:
- Energy213 kcal (10 % *)
- Protein7 g (14 % *)
- Carbohydrates43 g (16 % *)
- Fat0,9 g (1 % *)
- Fibre6 g (25 % *)
- Natrium6 mg (<1 % *)
- *Of adult's daily intake (GDA)